Monday, July 14, 2008

Hesitant

The morning that Claire took her first steps she was bold and kept trying to walk without holding onto anything. But I guess she fell enough times to become more hesitant, and by the time her daddy got home from work that evening she wouldn't even try anymore. Since then she has taken a more cautious approach to walking. She will take a few steps between furniture if the distance is short, will walk for miles if you give her a push toy or hold her hands, and is able to stand without holding onto anything. One of these days she will get brave again and let go.


Last weekend James painted Claire's room yellow and decorated her walls. It looks much cheerier now.


She goes to the pediatrician next week for a weight check. I weighed her today on our bathroom scale and it said she was 18.4 lbs! That was with her clothes and diaper on, but I think she is at least 18. The PediaSure is working and she is gaining again. We have also been feeding her more fattening foods, like lasagna...

7 comments:

Angie Davis said...

so cute. she always looks like the happiest baby in the world!

Bridget said...

I love seeing pics of her, she just makes me smile...she is so happy!! I love the pic of her in her newly painted room.

Fer said...

Nice room! And I love her pics.

Nicki said...

What a cutie! She'll get up and walk again more and more, I'm sure of it! After a while she won't even realize she's doing it!

Momto3LittleFlowers said...

Mimi was walking at "school" and not a home for a couple of weeks... She didnt let me see her!! LOL

Gotta love that lasagna and Im looking forward to see how much weight she really gained!!!

JP said...

Cindy,
She is too cute!

Before you know it you will be wishing she would just sit still. ;)

molu lusia said...

Your baby is the cutest! Adored the lasagne pic and a great idea for fattening her up! My baby too is a bit underweight and Pediasure has helped him gain some more pounds. Slowly but surely your baby will benefit from the consumption of Pediasure and I recommend carrying on just the way you are :)