Monday, November 26, 2007

Solid Food

Claire has been eyeing our plates at dinnertime for the past week, so on Thanksgiving we gave her a bite of sweet potato. That was the first solid food she has ever had -- up until now she has only had milk. She wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but eventually swallowed it and seemed to like it. Today I fed her some rice cereal and she gobbled it up. After each bite she would give me a big smile. When I held out the spoon for another bite she opened her mouth and was ready for it.

I think she might be teething. Her bottom gums are puffy and she has been drooling and gnawing on everything in sight (including her feet). She has also been a bit cranky. Hopefully that tooth will break through soon.

1 comment:

Nicki Mann said...

Aw, nothing more fun than your first bite of solid food! I bet she'll love sweet potatoes forever now!