Saturday, October 27, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Claire is all set for her first Halloween. She is going to be a chick/duck, which we decided was the perfect costume since she loves bathtime and her rubber ducky toy. It took a few attempts before she would tolerate the hat part of the costume -- she HATES for anything to be on her head. On Wednesday evening we are going to take her "trick-or-treating" around our cul-de-sac and then over to her grandparents' house.


On Monday a nurse is coming to our house to give Claire her first Synagis shot to help protect her from RSV. She will get one shot per month through April.

Claire is getting really good at rolling from her back to her belly, but she can't roll the other way so I have to come "rescue" her when she gets stuck. She is also able to lift her head a little bit when she is on her tummy. Her legs are super strong and she can propel herself forward somewhat, but she hasn't figured out what to do with her arms yet (James says she is like a wheelbarrow without a front wheel). She grabs at everything now, including my hair, and is able to pass a toy from one hand to the other.

We have big news -- we are moving to Nashville! James accepted a job there and starts on November 7th. Claire and I are going to stay behind for a few days so that I can take her to her follow-up appointments at Children's Hospital, then we will drive up that weekend. I'm going to talk to her surgeon to see if we should continue to come to Birmingham for follow-ups or if we can transfer to Vanderbilt. Once we get to Nashville I am going to have to find her a pediatrician quickly so that she can get scheduled for her next Synagis shot.

17 comments:

Silas Charles Kyne said...

She is simply adorable! I am so happy for you guys that Claire is doing so well. Good luck on the move!
~Tanaya~
www.silaskyne.blogspot.com

Nicki Mann said...

Oh I love the costume! Baby costumes are SO cute nowdays, so cuddly... like having huge stuffed animals! And so warm, too! I bet she'll get TONS of candy! ;)

The Nanny said...

She is so cute!!! And that costume is ADORABLE. Congrats on your move--I'll be thinking about you guys & hoping everything goes smoothly!

Lindsey said...

Claire is so cute! Carter is a scarecrow this year. This will be his first time trick-or-treating. I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck with the move. As someome who has moved A LOT, I can relate. Good luck getting your boxes unpacked. That seems to be our biggest problem.

Anonymous said...

Claire is the cutest little duck! I'll let them know you guys are moving. I know that they would definitely help you in any way they can!
Amy Varnon

Anonymous said...

In my previous comment I deleted the sentence that said, My brother and sister in law live in Nashville. I'll let them know you're moving their way!
Amy

LaurenZiebart said...

OMG she is absolutely adorable! I just love that picture, it looks like it should be in a magazine or something. Claire looks so happy! Just wanted to stop by and let you know I'm still following Claire's journey and I'm so happy to see her thriving.

Love Lauren
Avery's Mom 3/17/06 - 4/3/06 CDH

carrie baker said...

Hi! I am a member at BOH, and I just noticed tonight that your Claire and my Noah share the same birthday! I had to come check her out! She is beautiful! I love her in her chick costume!
Take Care,
Carrie mom to Noah 6/7/07, LCDH
cp NoahDavid

jp said...

I love Claire's costume! What a doll. Ryne is going to be a tootsie roll for Halloween. He does not like the part that goes on his head either. :(
Hope everything goes well with your move. If I can help you with anything, let me know.
Keep in touch!
-Janet

Vicki Jensen said...

Claire's photo just brought the HUGEST smile to my face. That costume is awesome-the legs...HA!. Congrats on the new job and move. What an exciting year for you guys. I hope you'll have time to keep Claire's blog going during the move. I need my Claire fix!
~Vicki
mom to Jack, 8/20/07, LCDH

Catherine & Sofia said...

She is SO cute and seems to be so happy in her costume! I love the smile on her face! I you all enjoy Her 1st Halloween together!

Love, Catherine

Angie Davis said...

oh my goodness, claire is the cutest chick ever! happy halloween!

Karon said...

She looks so cute! Good luck on the move and I hope I can see you guys at some point since we live in Murfreesboro.

The Pickens Family said...

I love the outfit! She looks absolutely precious.

I can't believe you all are moving. Congratulations! We will miss you all!

Kristen said...

Welcome to Nashville! I think you'll love it. And the Vanderbilt group of doctors is FABULOUS (that's who we take Addie to, but in Franklin).

Claire is an adorable little chick! :)

Kristen said...

We see Dr. Hood with Pediatric Associates of Franklin. Their number is 615-794-3200, and they also have a website - www.pediatricsoffranklin.com. We LOVE every single one of the doctors!

Best of luck with the move! Let me know if you need any middle Tennessee advice :)

nicole said...

SHe is adorable in that costume. Soren was the chicken for Halloween.