Thursday, October 4, 2007

4 Months Old

Claire is almost four months old! She is getting so big. When I weighed her this morning she was 12 lbs. She seems to have gotten heavier all at once and is outgrowing her summer clothes. She has been smiling and "talking" a LOT lately...



We have an appointment with her pediatrician next week, which I am dreading because she is due to get several vaccinations. She will also start getting a Synagis shot once a month throughout cold/flu season to help protect her from RSV. So far she has never been sick (knock on wood) and I'm hoping to keep it that way for as long as possible. I may have to get one of these signs for her.

Other than getting all those shots, I think October will be a fun month. The weather is finally getting cooler so we have been taking Claire outside more (she likes riding in her stroller). In a few weeks she is going to participate in the baby dedication ceremony at church (a friend gave her a gorgeous dress to wear). And I can't wait for Halloween because I got her the CUTEST costume.

6 comments:

Sharon Lovoy said...

Your Aunt Sha-Sha is so glad to see happy baby!! Don't let them hurt you with those shots:( love

Lindsey said...

The first time Carter got shots I just cried and cried! My mom was in town visiting and I was so glad she was there. The lady giving the vaccinations told me that I wasn't the first one to cry - not even the first one that day.

I would recommend one of those signs. It never ceases to amaze me how many people just come up and touch Carter. I don't really appreciate it. I don't mind someone I know playing with him and touching him but I don't like it when someone I don't know does it.

Cathy said...

She is beautiful. Growing up quite nicely and seems to have something important to say. It won't be long before she will be talking your ears off.

I love the sign, wish I could have had one when my boys were small.

Good luck with the shots. It always broke my heart for my boys to have to get shots. Give her a dose of motrin about 30 minutes before had and it should help with soreness afterwards.

The Nanny said...

I love that big smile! She is so beautiful & I'm so happy things are going so well for you guys!!!

Vicki Jensen said...

Wow...Claire got so big! She looks fantastic! What a happy little girl. I'm so thrilled for you guys. As for the shots...when Jack has to get his shots I'll probably have to wait outside. I don't know if I could stand it. You see these babies go through so much but it's the little stuff that gets to you, it's crazy.

Hugs to Claire!
Vicki
(Jack's mom)

Kristy Bowling CDH Baby said...

Hi. Just want to say that Claire is just beautiful. I am a CDH mummy to be. My little girl Skyla will be born in about 5 to 6 wks time. She has left sided CDH. It has been a great comfort for me following Claire's progress and it has helped giving me get a better understanding of what to expect in the coming weeks. I am so scared. Its getting too close. But in Claires case the outcome couldnt have been any better. Since finding Claires blog i decided to make one for my baby its http://skylacdhbaby.blogspot.com Well take care and look after that beautiful lil girl of yours and ill continue to look in on her progress
Kristy