Sunday, September 16, 2007

Finally Sleeping

All summer long Claire has been waking up every two or three hours at night to eat. But for the past two nights she has slept from 8 pm until 2 am (six whole hours!), woke up to eat, and then went back to sleep until 5 or 6 am. Oh happy day! Several people told me she should be able to sleep longer once she reached 10 lbs, which is what she was when I weighed her this week. She has also started sucking her thumb when she is sleepy, which helps her to soothe herself back to sleep on her own. We may have a hard time breaking this habit later down the road, but at this point I'm all for it.

3 comments:

The Nanny said...

That picture is so cute. Way to go for sleeping, Claire! Yeah!!!

Lindsey said...

I remember the first time Carter slept for 5 hours. When he finally got up to eat, I thought my boobs were going to explode.

Anonymous said...

I remember that after having children my definition of "a good night's sleep" completely changed. When Will was two months old Billy asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday and I said 6 hours of sleep....in a row!!! I am rejoicing with you for sure. By the way it just goes without saying that Claire is SOOOOO cute.
Amy Varnon