Sunday, July 1, 2007

Lounging With Cats

I was up with Claire a lot last night, so at 5am I gave her daddy a shift while I crashed on the couch in the living room. When I woke up a few hours later and walked back into the bedroom I saw this scene...


Claire has been drinking 60-70 mL per feeding lately and has not been spitting up at all. She is still taking Zantac. I'm taking her to the pediatrician on Tuesday and hopefully she will have gained weight. When we left the hospital on Friday she weighed 6 lbs 8 oz. Unfortunately she won't nurse -- she got used to bottles in the hospital and now she doesn't want to give them up.

Today was my due date. It is REALLY hot outside and I'm so glad to not be pregnant! I am also thankful to have Claire here at home with us and to have the hernia repair and hospitalization behind us.

Tonight James' parents, godmother, brother, and sister came over to eat dinner and see Claire. She slept a lot today, so she was wide awake the entire time they were here. We put her bouncy seat beside the kitchen table and she stared at us all while we ate, probably thinking "who are all these people?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute! Katy loved sleeping on Ricky's chest like that. Claire doesn't seem to mind either!
~waves at Baby Claire~
Christy Jordan

Sharon said...

Cindy, I really think you should have named this: Claire and her siblings...

BTW, you forgot to mention that we wanted Claire in the center of the table so we could oo and ah over her while eating!

Good times!!! Thanks for having us over. Aunt Sha-Sha

Shelli said...

I am so glad the hospital is behind you and you can start your new life as a family of 3. For those who doubt, prayers have been answered with this little girl.

Thank you for blogging and keeping everyone updated. I can't wait to read about your new adventures at home.

Shelli