Friday, June 29, 2007

We Get to Go Home!

Yesterday we fed Claire every 2 1/2 hours and fortified her milk with formula. This seems to have done the trick because she had gained when they weighed her last night, so the doctor said we can go home today! It will be a few more hours because we have a ton of stuff to do before we can be discharged, but hopefully by this afternoon we will be out of here :-)

James and I didn't get any sleep last night because Claire was REALLY fussy, probably due to all the food we packed into her and the new formula upsetting her tummy. We were both SO tired this morning, until the doctor came in and told us we can leave. That gave us renewed energy, and we ran around packing up everything. We picked out Claire's going-home outfit and I'm going to gussy her up after they remove the PICC line from her head and I can wash her hair. Her car seat is installed and I've got the camera primed to take lots of pictures of her homecoming.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY!!! That is AWESOME news Cindy! What a fighter!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

God is AWESOME!!!
HUGS!
Jennifer
Mommy to Caden, LCDH 6-1-05

Jennifer said...

I wanted to add, that we had to do the supplement for about a month once Caden came home and then we were able to slowly stop doing that. So supplementing her milk is so bad, you will get to nurse her again. Hang in there. If you need anything let me know!! HUGS!!

Jennifer

Shelli said...

HALLELUJAH!!! I am celebrating with you guys!

Love,
Shelli

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see the going home pictures!!!!!!!
POST POST POST!!!
Christy Jordan

joyson said...

going home from the hospital is such a wonderful relief, i know! that's great to hear. so glad i got to see her the other day. maybe you and james can get some rest at home! <3

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I will continue to pray for your family.

Angie Davis said...

so happy for you guys. can't wait to see her all gussied up and leaving!

Heidi Carlson (BOH) said...

Congratulations! That is such good news! I can't wait to see the pictures. Way to go home baby Claire!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for the three of you. THank you for keeping us up to date by posting Claire's progress. We will keep checking in on her and you and James, and of course we will keep praying. WHat a happy day!!!!!
The Varnons

Anonymous said...

I"m sooo happy for you! What a wonderful day for all of you!! Congratulations. Enjoy having your daughter home with you!

Love Lauren
Avery's Mom 3/17/06-4/3/06 LCDH

Angelle Gallers said...

I am so happy you all are going home! I am a friend or Emily McCormick's and I link to your blog through hers. Enjoy the newborn stage with your sweet little girl!