Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day Three

I was discharged from the hospital this morning :-) We went straight from UAB to Children's, but were able to come home for a few hours this afternoon while the NICU was closed to unpack the car.

One of the surgeons who was on call tonight stopped by and told my mom that it is likely Claire will have her surgery on Wednesday. James and I hope to meet with Dr. S in the morning to find out for sure and to get more details.

The surgeon on call wanted to move Claire to a less-noisy area of the NICU since she is a CDH baby and they usually do not do well in active environments. However, Claire's nurse pointed out that the noise and activity have not affected her vitals at all -- she does not seem to mind having visitors or being touched. She is on very few medications, which the nurse said is also rare for CDH babies -- usually they have to be very heavily sedated, but she is only mildly so. So they are going to leave her bed where it is for now.

Tonight James read "Go, Dog Go!" to her, as well as "The Foot Book". She wiggled her legs, so she seems to have enjoyed the story time.


I will be continually adding pictures to Claire's photo gallery.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

Sounds like Claire must be laid back in the midst of chaos just like her parents! :-)

Sharon said...

Cindy, you look so refreshed and happy!! What a difference a day (and a shower which I know you REALLY wanted) and seeing your precious girl makes!! So happy to see you happy!! :D

JoAnn Cooke said...

Claire is so beautiful and it looks like there is so much good news to be thankful for so far. I'm so happy for you guys and will have your family in my prayers until you are home safe and sound.

JoAnn Cooke (mom to Nanette)

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I can't tell you how great it is to come here and read more and more good news about Claire. I hope she continues to recover as well as she has been. I'll be praying for you Wednesday. You have a tough little girl there!

Love Lauren
Avery's Mommy 3/17/06-4/3/06
LCDH, ACD

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful little girl and sucha fighter, I wish you and your family the best of luck. I am so happy to chose to share Claire with all of us. Take care,

Friend of Lauren Z