Monday, June 18, 2007

Day Eleven

Claire drank milk for the first time today. They want her to drink 30 mL (1 oz) every three hours. I fed her this morning and she drank 8 mL. Granny fed her a few hours later and she drank 20 mL. The nurse fed her this afternoon and she drank 30 mL. Daddy and I fed her this evening and she drank 30 mL again! She seems to be getting the hang of it now. I was worried that she would have reflux problems, but so far she is keeping the milk down just fine. I think she likes it a lot better than Pedialyte.


They weighed her last night and she was 6 lbs 2 oz. Her tummy doesn't seem to be as sore anymore -- they stopped giving her morphine and are only giving her Tylenol now. She is still too hoarse to make much sound when she cries, but is getting a little louder every day.


Dr. S stopped by to check on Claire this morning and said she is doing great and that she wished all of her CDH patients did this well. They are going to continue weaning Claire's oxygen down. She is ready to get that cannula out of her nose -- she keeps trying to pull it out with her fingers. They have mentioned moving us to a room if she continues to do well. I am hoping that she will be able to come home next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been keeping up with your blog and baby Claire's progress. I will continue to pray for your family and hope the lord continues answering your prayers. You have a beautiful little gift from god!!

joyson said...

cindy, claire is so beautiful! i've been keeping up with all your posts and she seems to be doing great. i hope she gets to move into a regular room soon! sending thoughts your way... joy

Carole said...

This made my day. To open this up and see baby Claire being held. Awesome beyond BELIEF!!!!
~Carole

Jennifer said...

WOW Cindy that is AWESOME!!! I remember being told the same thing about Caden from Dr. Weidner. We are truly blessed to have such fighters. I am SO glad that she isn't having any reflux problems. Maybe she won't!!

Oh btw, we have a check up next month at Children's and if you want we could meet up somewhere! Just let me know!

God Bless!
Jennifer
Mommy to Caden, LCDH 6-1-05--wild TODDLER!!

Shelli Smith said...

I am just tickled at this great news!! I'm so looking forward to the day when I get to read about her going home.

Shelli