Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Still Hanging In There

Claire and I are still hanging in there. I am 35 weeks along and my OB told me to stop taking the brethine. At the end of next week Claire will be considered "full-term". I told James that after all this concern of her coming too early she will probably take her time and stay in there until the 4th of July :-) I've been swelling a lot (I have "cankles"), but am otherwise feeling okay.

We toured the L&D floors at UAB Hospital earlier this month. Their NICU is a few steps down the hall from the delivery room, so they can whisk Claire down there as soon as she is born and take care of her.

I found out today that the CDH baby whose mom I had lunch with last month passed away a few weeks ago due to complications from pneumonia. Please pray for her and her family.

6 comments:

carole said...

Cindy,
Keeping you and baby Claire in my thoughts and prayers. Peace and blessings,
~Carole

Jennifer said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Glad things are still going well.

God Bless!
Jennifer
Mommy to Caden, LCDH 6-1-05--ALMOST 2!!

Elizabeth said...

I am thinking of you all - loved the baby shower gift your DH received! Encouraging!

I will be saying my chants LUNG FUNCTION and my prayers for little Claire - I love her name!

Peace,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with you and Claire via the blog and keeping you all in my prayers. I wish you the very best as you approach Claire's birthday!

Jennifer Allinder

Krista said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with Claire. Thinking of you as you count down those final days.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. It won't be long now although every day may seem long to you!! My sister just told me that she is expecting again. Her due date is in January. We are so excited of course!! We are still praying for Claire and we know that God will work a miracle for you!!

Love ya,

Debbie S./CAI