Tuesday, May 8, 2007

32-Week Ultrasound

I had another ultrasound today. Claire is in the head-down position. Her stomach is still up in her chest beside her heart, but her liver still appears to be down. She is in the 40th percentile for size, and they estimate she weighs around 3 lbs 15 oz right now. We saw a little bit of hair on her head, and we saw her "practice breathing".

My amniotic fluid level is 25 cm, which is borderline high (polyhydramnios). Back in February they told me it might get high if the baby had trouble swallowing due to her stomach being in the wrong place. Mine doesn't seem to be too bad though, and the doctor said he didn't think it would get much higher. I go back for another ultrasound in five weeks.


see more pictures here

5 comments:

Bryan said...

thanks for the update, cindy! we're continuing to pray for little claire and can't wait to meet her!

Lindsey said...

The 40th percentile is not too bad. Shoot, Carter's only in the 10th. I know circumstances are different. Still, that sounds pretty good. I love how clear your ultrasound pictures are. You can actually tell where everything is.

IMOGEN'S MUM & DAD said...

Hi Cindy, We keep popping into your site to see how Claire is doing. Thanks for keeping us posted. Imogen is doing really well at the moment and has recently had an op for a gastrostomy. You can see her blog - www.imogendyson.co.uk thanks for the link. Hope she is inspiring you and helping you to be positive. Still praying over here for you. God bless!
Barry, Lindsey and Immie - UK

Cathy said...

I'm amazed at how clear those photos are. I love the foot one. I hope she continues to thrive. You are all in my prayers.

Cindy said...

Kirklin got a new high-res ultrasound machine since my last visit, and I was one of the first they got to try it out on. This time they gave me the pictures on a CD so I didn't have to scan them in.