Tuesday, March 13, 2007

24-Week Ultrasound

We went back to The Kirklin Clinic today for another high-res ultrasound. We saw a different doctor than last month and he was really nice. He said that he has seen several CDH babies and that Claire's hernia doesn't appear to be a severe case, that it is more in the middle range. Her heart looks good, her organs haven't shifted around any since last month, her liver is still down, and he saw some lung tissue. She is just the size she should be. He said that girl babies seem to do better with this than boys because they are little fighters. If she inherits mine or James' stubbornness then I know she'll be a fighter.

The doctor we saw last month said they would probably induce me a few weeks early, but this doctor said if there were no problems they would let me go into labor on my own as long as I don't go over 41 weeks. He said Claire would be at UAB Hospital for only a few hours before being transferred to Children's, and that I can go over and see her as soon as I'm up and around.

I don't have another ultrasound appointment until May, so there won't be much to report for a while. Here is a picture of her face from the ultrasound this morning. She was moving a lot and it's hard to tell what you are looking at (we had to ask them to point it out to us). I drew an outline to make it a bit easier to see.

   

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Cindy,
Glad things are looking so good. God answers prayers and I know the amnio and the latest ultra sound are proof of that.
Rob and I continue to pray for you, James and baby Claire. Take care of yourself and thanks for keeping us posted.

Valerie & Rob

Anonymous said...

I am 33 weeks pregnant with Bennett, our first boy. I found out he has a LCDH when I was 21 weeks. I know how hard it is and I have had quite a time trying to find someone who can understand what I'm going through. I hope everything continues to stay positive for you.

Kelsey said...

Ok, sorry. I forgot to put my name!

Cindy said...

Hey Kelsey! If you haven't already, check out the Breath of Hope message board. There are lots of mamas of CDH babies on there who give information and support.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thought you might like to see another story of hope! My daughter was born 9/30/06 with LCDH and is a hearty survivor. She was not diagnosed until 32 weeks!! Here is her website...I wish you luck and will continue to follow your progress.
www.caringbridge.org/visit/makena

Best, Libby

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy and James,

Just a note from Troy, Al., we love you all and continue to pray for you daily. From the ultra sound baby Claire is absolutely beautiful. God is good and will take care of you all.

Linda Faust

Angie Davis said...

Hey Cindy!
Lil' Claire already looks so cute, so sweet. I think about her a lot! I can't fathom what you guys are going through. Bryan and I are are praying for you all along the way, and will continue afer she gets here. I am hoping for many more "positve" reports.

Angie Davis

Cathy said...

I just went and looked at the photos. Wanted to see if there was a new one of you and there you were. WOW!! The last 4 weeks has made a big difference in your appearance. You are difinitely pregnant! And, you look so happy.

I'm thinking of Claire every day and keeping you all in my prayers.

Debra Hanks said...

Cindy and James,

I logged onto your blog today and it is good to know you have gotten positive news. I am thinking of you and am saying a prayer for you and your precious baby Claire.

Debra Hanks